Butternut squash. Mmm. This creamy, orange squash is well-documented as one of my favorite bits of produce. I eat it all fall and winter long. Elsewhere on this blog, you can find Butternut Squash Dip, Butternut Mushroom & Ricotta Tart, Butternut Spinach Quiche, Butternut Apple Soup, and Whole Wheat Butternut Ravioli. Look at that diversity! You can do anything with this squash. In an effort to try out even another flavor profile, I tossed up this easy pasta dish with tangy Keepsake Farm feta and sweet butternut.
Feta & Butternut Pasta
- 6 T. olive oil
- 1 onion (Jett’s Produce)
- 6 T. fresh basil (I froze leaves in ice cube trays this summer)
- 2 c. roasted butternut squash (Jett’s Produce)
- 3 T. creamy garlic dressing (Apple Ridge Farm)
- 4 servings cooked pasta (Kevin’s recipe here)
- 1/4 c. feta cheese (Keepsake Farm)
- Heat 2 T. olive oil in large skillet or dutch oven.
- Chop onion and add to oil, cooking until softened.
- Chop basil and add to onion. Cook until fragrant.
- Add creamy garlic dressing and stir.
- Cube roasted butternut squash and toss with onions and basil.
- Add pasta to pan and toss. Cook over low heat until pasta is hot.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over pasta and toss with crumbled feta.