Who doesn’t love pizza? It’s quick, simple and easy to make, although making pizza dough can sometimes be a pain. I had a hankering for pizza last week but didn’t feel like making dough and waiting for it to rise. So, using the last of the summer’s zucchini and some inspiration from Rainbow Veggie Cakes, I concocted this zucchini pizza. You can obviously top it however you’d like, but this combination is yummy! Enjoy!
- 2 medium zucchinis (Bechdolt’s Orchard)
- 1 medium onion (Apple Ridge Farm)
- 1 clove garlic (Apple Ridge Farm)
- 1 egg (Valley View Farms)
- 1-1.5 c. tomato sauce (I used some leftover bruschetta I made with tomatoes from Jett’s Natural Produce)
- 8 large Swiss chard leaves, thick stems removed (Apple Ridge Farm)
- 1 c. mozzerella cheese (Klein Farms)
- 10 basil leaves (our garden)
- 1 sprig oregano (our garden)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Grate the zucchinis, using a food processor if you have one. Place in strainer in sink. Salt, toss to mix and let sit for 10 minutes to drain with a heavy bowl on top.
- Meanwhile, chop garlic, thinly slice onion, and chop swiss chard.
- Combine shredded zucchini and 1 egg in mixing bowl.
- Spread zucchini on pizza pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove zucchini crust from oven.
- Spread tomato sauce over crust.
- Sprinkle with onion, garlic, Swiss chard, basil and oregano.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Let sit 5 minutes before cutting.