A couple of weekends ago, I pulled out my spray-paint can cocktail shaker (thanks, Liz!) and mixed up a batch of birthday cake martinis for Kevin’s birthday. The recipe was so simple, I hadn’t planned on posting it here. But, since I put the picture in that weekend hodgepodge, numerous people have written to ask for a post about it. So, here it is! Be aware, this drink packs a punch. You also may want to experiment with adding some white chocolate liquor or using vanilla vodka instead of whipped cream. Definitely don’t forgo the frosting- It’s the icing on the cake! (har har har)
Birthday Cake Martini
makes 1 martini, but easy to scale
- 2 oz. whipped cream vodka
- 2 oz. creme de cacao a la vanille
- 1 oz. amaretto
- 1 oz. heavy cream
- nonpareil sprinkles
- Spread thin layer of frosting on small plate. Pour sprinkles into shallow bowl.
- Dip martini glass rim into frosting, then sprinkles.
- Add liquors, cream and ice to cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and pour into sprinkle-rimmed martini glasses.
- Serve immediately.